£6,000 per year
Our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business course aims to develop your business skills and capability to understand current business challenges from a range of different perspectives. The course will help you to identify, analyse management problems and evaluate potential solutions.
The HNC (Year 1) aims to provide you with the foundation in a business discipline, including core modules in the areas of business, organisations, marketing and accounting. It develops your ability to understand business environmental issues, analyse management problems and find workable solutions.
The second year will build on your knowledge and explore how organisations are managed effectively at an operational level. It will also cover key units that are designed to give you a thorough and balanced understanding of specialist areas, business operation and decision making in the workplace.
The Pearson Higher National Diploma in Business is a two-year classroom-based course at Results.
Throughout the course, you will be required to study 15 modules* (15 credits per module)
*Optional module may be subject to change
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Management
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Accounting Principles
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Strategy
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Principles of Operations Management
- Research Project
- Global Business Environment
- International Marketing
- Entry Requirements
Although Pearson does not specify formal entry requirements, as an institution, it is our responsibility to ensure that the students we recruit have a reasonable expectation of success on the programme.
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above
We will consider applicants’ prior learning when considering acceptance on Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals, through Recognition of Prior Learning.
English Language Requirements
For students to be successful on Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications which are both taught and assessed in English, they must have an appropriate level of English language skills.
The following clarifies the requirements when students are recruited onto Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications.
All students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to the levels identified below, before being recruited to the programme where the programme is both taught and assessed in English:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
- or equivalent
Evidence of individual student proficiency may vary.
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- How to Apply
We are committed to provide a fair and transparent admission process for all the students who are interested to join Results. We intend to make our application process simple and straight forward for all the applicants.
Step 1: Register your interest
Send us an enquiry using the enquiry form or by calling us on 02085919138
Step 2: Information Advice and Guidance
- One of our advisors will contact you to book an appointment for IAG
- You will need to prepare for your IAG by researching information about the course you want to pursue and note down any questions you have so that you can discuss this with your Advisor during the appointment
- The IAG is usually a 20-30 minute one to one consultation to discuss your interests, chosen course and application process
- Please submit your ID and supporting documents so that we can assess your eligibility
Step 3: Initial Assessment
If you do not have a qualification or certificate to demonstrate your English language proficiency, you must undertake an English Language initial assessment.
Step 4: Complete the application form
Once you meet the English language requirements, you can start completing the application form.
- Read our Admission Terms and Conditions - Admissions Terms & Conditions
- Please download the application form below. - Application form
- Read the admissions checklist below and ensure that you are sending us all relevant documents - Admissions Checklist
Complete and return it to us with relevant qualification documents, one suitable reference and a copy of your ID (e.g. Passport) via email and attached scanned document copies at firstname.lastname@example.org or, by post to Results Consortium Ltd, Suit 22 B, Second Floor, 33 to 41 Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, SS2 6DF.
Step 5: Interview
If you meet the admission criteria you will be offered a telephone, video, or face-to-face interview, according to your preference, with the Programme Leader, or other tutor or manager at Results to assess your suitability.
Step 6: Decision
Our admissions panel will review all the application and you will be informed of the decision within ten working days. There are three possible outcomes:
- Conditional Offer: The panel has assessed that you will be ready to start the chosen programme provided certain conditions are met. The terms and conditions of the offer will be made clear to you in your conditional offer letter.
- Unconditional Offer: The panel has assessed that you are ready to start on your chosen programme, having met the programme requirements.
- No Offer: The panel has assessed that you do not currently meet the requirements of the programme or is not satisfied with your ability to successfully study on their chosen programme. The panel will indicate the reason(s) for decision (for example: academic grades too low, programme not suitable, or the panel is not convinced of your intention to study and/or comply with the requirements of the programme).
Please refer to following policies for more information
On successful completion of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma, students can develop their careers in the business sector through:
- Entering employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Linking with the appropriate Professional Body
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognised by Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant business-related courses, for example:
- BSc (Hons) in Business and Management
- BA and BSc (Hons) in Business Studies
- BSc (Hons) in International Management.
- Teaching & Learning
You must achieve 240 credits to be awarded a level 5 HND. Learning strategies include:
- Tutorials session
- Guest talk
- Project work carried out as an individual or as part of a group
- Facilitated activities
- Employability activities
- One to One support
- Use of VLE
Our learning and teaching strategy are active, motivational, enhancing and offer opportunities for you to achieve your goals promptly. It also allows you to develop employability skills and apply transferable skills through different tasks and assignments.
The delivery of our provision is closely linked to assessment; Teaching involves lectures and tutorial sessions, the programme team will focus on delivering a significant amount of structured teaching during the course whereas the tutorial sessions have increasing opportunities for group work, interaction and one-to-one teaching support, which will consequently enable you to complete assessments.
You will develop their skills through a planned series of assignments and real-world skill-based activities such as group discussion, case studies and presentation. You will also be encouraged to participate actively during the lectures in class, group and individual activities.
Please note that the college will be carrying out most of its teaching and learning activities using MS Teams and Canvas VLE during the pandemic period. Please read our Important information on delivery methods
- Tuition Fees
£6000 per Year
For more information on funding and finance Click here
Ground Floor, Aquila House,
14 St Giles Terrace,
Northampton NN1 2BN
London East – UK Business Technology Park,
Dagenham, RM10 7FN