BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
4 years (with Foundation Year)
£9250 per annum
Our BA (Hons) in Business Management with Foundation Year in partnership with Leeds Trinity University is a 4-year course where the student will undertake modules which will enable them to enhance their academic skills and equip them with the tools they’ll need to study with confidence.
During this programme the student will be introduced to the key principles of business operations and management and will learn about starting a business and the fundamentals of marketing.
Following successful completion of the Foundation Year, the student will progress onto the first year of the Business Management BA (Hons) degree.
Students will learn about the complexities of organisations, understanding their structure and operations strategy. Students will explore the fundamentals of accounting, finance, and marketing, as well as getting the opportunity to learn about international business. The programme has been developed in conjunction with employers and offers a well-rounded education in many areas of modern business management. It covers the organisational issues behind modern business, but also the legal, ethical and sustainability issues facing companies.
The underlying principle behind the course content is to mirror the modern business environment, giving the students the opportunity to solve business problems in real-life case studies. Students will have an opportunity to gain real-world experience through the professional work placements which are included with the degree.
- The Foundation Year in Business will allow students to develop their academic skills and confidence.
- It will introduce students to key concepts and skills to support in gaining business knowledge.
- Students will gain real-world experience through the professional work placements included with the degree.
- Graduates will be well prepared to progress on to relevant postgraduate courses.
- Equip students with the skills to establish their own company.
You will study a variety of modules across your programme of study. The module details given below are subject to change and are the latest example of the curriculum available in this course of study.
During your Foundation Year, you will study four core modules.
- Academic Skills and Studying with Confidence
- Introduction to Business Operations and Management
- Starting a Business and Fundamentals of Marketing
During your first year, you will study four core modules
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
- Globalisation and Social Justice
- People and Organisations
During your second year, you will study four core modules
- Global Business Environment
- Professional Development and Placement
- Business Research and Analytics
- People Management
During your third year, you’ll study two core modules and will be required to choose two option modules.
- Professional Learning and Practice (core)
- Strategic Management (core)
- Creative Entrepreneurship and Innovation (option)
- Contemporary Issues in Sustainability (option)
- International Marketing (option)
- Project Management (option)
- Research Project (option)
- Money, Banking and Finance (option)
- Entry Requirements
Applicants should have GCSE English Language at grade C/4 or higher or accepted equivalent qualification and a level 3 qualification equivalent to an A level.
Applications are welcome from mature students with few or no formal qualifications. These applications will be assessed based on any previous relevant work experience or learning, an interview, a written task and an English proficiency test.
This course is not available to students on a Student Route Visa.
If you need any more help or information, please email our Admissions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 2085919138.
- How to Apply
We are committed to provide a fair and transparent admission process for all the students who are interested to join Results. We intend to make our application process simple and straight forward for all the applicants.
- 1. Enquires followed by initial applicant assessment
- 2. Documents to Submit:
- i. Valid ID proof
- ii. 2 passport sized photographs
- iii. All educational documents
- iv. Updated CV
- v. Personal statement
- vii. UK Residency status
- 3. English Assessment and English Essay writing
- 4. Where applicants are successful in their application to Results Consortium, information will then be shared with Leeds Trinity University who are the final decision maker land who will issue formal offer letters and registration information.
- Tuition Fees
When you apply for your student loan you will need to supply the correct UCAS code for your course of study. This code will depend on your study location, course and start date (see table below) and will be sent to you in any offer email you receive from Leeds Trinity University. Please ensure that you use the correct code to help avoid delay with the processing of your application and receipt of any student loan.
UCAS Course Codes and Information
Business Management with Foundation year in Business Northampton Sep-23 RBN9 Business Management with Foundation year in Business Northampton Jan-24 RBN1
- Tuition Fees £9250 per annum.
- Eligible UK Home students can apply for funding via the Student Loans Company.
- Eligibility criteria applies
- Assessment Information
Our BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year programme features a strong mix of professional skills and experience, preparing you for a successful career.
A variety of assessment methods are used, matched to the learning outcomes for your programme, to enable you to demonstrate the full range of knowledge and skills that you have developed.
These methods include business reports, presentations and group projects that reflect the modern business environment.
- Progression Routes
- Graduates may be able to progress onto a postgradute programmes.
- Career opportunities exist in a variety of business and management role.
- The course equips the graduate to work effectively in a managerial role within a business organisation.
- Student Representation
Students who are enrolled on this degree, delivered in partnership with Leeds Trinity University, are eligible for membership of Leeds Trinity Students’ Union. Information on how to join the Students’ Union. will be given to you when you begin your course.
Leeds Trinity University
September, January, May 2024
4 years (with Foundation Year)
£9250 per annum
First Floor, Aquila House,
14 St Giles Terrace,
Northampton NN1 2BN