1. Valid ID proof
Any of the following:
b.)Nationality Identity Card
c.)UK Full Driving Licence (passport still to be provided if non-British national)
2. Recent passport size photographs
3. All educational documents
Although Pearson do not specify formal entry requirements, as an institution, it is our responsibility to ensure that the students we recruit have a reasonable expectation of success on the programme.
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above.
We will consider applicants’ prior learning when considering acceptance on Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals, through Recognition of Prior Learning.
4.Work experience for the category of mature learners
a) Mature learners without formal qualifications or with entry level 1, 2, 3 certificates / participation certificates / entry awards / notification of performance for adult literacy, numeracy / language assessment certificates / short term course certificate for less than one year etc. are required to present a more varied profile of achievement in the form of work experience for a minimum period of 5 years
b) The applicants with qualification only at NQF/QCF level 1 are required to submit work experience for minimum 3 years, and those with qualification at level 2, are required to submit work experience for minimum 2 years. They can also submit the proof of achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector that are relevant for the chosen course.
(Work experience letter must be on company headed paper with the name of employee, designation, duration of work, and the name and designation of the referee, along with the company contact details. If it is not on headed paper, the letter must be stamped and signed. Or an email confirmation from the respective organisation, from the company email ID is acceptable)
The applicants who are self-employed must prove their status by submitting the recognised document from HMRC with the UTR number and a formal letter of reference from the accountant, for the required period that explains the nature of business handled by the applicant.
5. Updated CV
6. Personal statement
The applicants must explain the reason for studying the chosen programme – one page minimum and must be typed (400-500 words approximately)
7. Address Proof
Within the last 3-4 months
8. Five years’ residence proof
If the applicants are non-British and are seeking financial assistance from SLC, then the residence proof must be from 01 September 2012 until the date of your application to study with us. (It does not need to be specifically from 01/09/2012, the students can also submit the proof from 01/08/2012)
Proof can be any of the following
- Bank statement
- Council Tax letters
- Evidence from HMRC
- Utility Bills
- Pay slips
- P60 / P45
- Blue / yellow card – work permit
- Current visa permit accompanied by the previous 4 years visa history